Ear Microsuction Training
Ear Care Clinic is proud to offer a gold standard microsuction training course in association with Ear Care Academy to train audiologists in the practice of microsuction ear wax removal.
Our microsuction training is delivered in a world class teaching hospital setting at Charing Cross Hospital in London, in the ENT/Audiology Department. Our ear microsuction training course providers are all highly experienced senior doctors of medicine and audiology. Find out more about our microsuction ear wax removal training course below, or visit the Ear Care Academy website for more information.
Our Gold Standard Microsuction Training Course
When you sign up to receive ear microsuction training, youâll attend a two-day course at Charing Cross Hospital, where 10-12 delegates and more than 80 real patients will be in attendance.
Our Microsuction Training Course:
- Enables you to perform microsuction ear wax removal in your own clinic immediately following completion of the course
- Provides full practical training on the usage of ENT microscopes, as well as microsuction equipment to remove ear wax
- Is delivered on real patients - typically 80+ patients are booked onto each two-day course
- Is run by some of the most experienced microsuction practitioners in the country
- Certifies you as fully trained on microsuction procedures
- Is accredited by ENT UK (19 CPD points)
- Provides insight and support into the ear microsuction clinic set-upâ
- Is London-based and delivered at Charing Cross Hospital - a world-class teaching establishment and part of Imperial College Healthcare Trust
Who Is Microsuction Training For?
Our ear microsuction training course is suitable for the following qualified healthcare professionals:
- Registered hearing aid dispensers
- GPs and other qualified doctors
- Physician associates or assistants
- Hospital nurses
- Practice nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Paramedics (particularly those working within primary care)
Microsuction Training Aims And Outcomes
Once youâve completed the Ear Care Academy microsuction training course, youâll be able to demonstrate:
- Appropriate communication with patients, parents, or significant others (including those with hearing loss)
- Correct management of infection control and health and safety issues in relation to microsuction
- Understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Understanding of medico-legal issues
- Correct use of equipment, including all relevant hardware (ENT microscopes, suction devices, instruments, etc.)
- Achieving clinical competency in microsuction procedures
- Appropriate history taking and correct examination of the ear
- The course also aims to impart knowledge and experience in terms of clinic set-up, and for starting new NHS or private microsuction services